Re: OpenCV: (Re: trouble posting to cygwin-apps)

On 10/5/2010 6:31 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> BTW, you do know that Ports includes an OpenCV build?  Of course it
> requires Ports' CMake:
>
> http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/ports;a=tree;f=graphics/opencv
> ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports/release-2/opencv
>
> Please let me know if this somehow does not suffice.

Yep, I'm using your version -- the only problem (it's not really a
*problem*, per se) is, I have to rebuild it myself because the
cygwin-ports version has a LOT of dependencies on other cygwin-ports
packages.

I don't need video stream handling, so I can drop all those requirements
(like ffmpeg, etc).  I'm trying to avoid "polluting" my installation
with whole bunch of cygwin-ports packages, since that might "pollute"
official builds of other packages I maintain.

Yeah, I know I could have multiple cygwin installs to keep them
separate, but...

FYI, I also had to rebuild the cygwin-ports cmake from your -src
package.  When I installed the cygwin-ports binary package, cmake simply
exited without doing anything -- but I don't see any missing DLLs in the
cygcheck output.

I suspect the issue is that you have built most of cygwin-ports using
the beta gcc-4.5 (and, the new binaries require the libgcc1 DLL from
4.5).  Again, I don't want to "pollute" my package maintenance
installation with a beta compiler (or its runtime), so...

--
Chuck