Re: How to evaluate cygwin state after interrupted update - and how to recover/resume?

On 10/2/2010 6:03 PM, Mirko Vukovic wrote:
Hello

I was installing a new package (aspell) and the latest updates.  After
the file download, the obsolete packages were removed.  Then the
installation step started.  During iirc aspell's installation, I got
an error prompt from rapapp.exe (c++ error), after which the
installation procedure stalled.  I canceled the installation (cancel)
button after waiting 10-15 minutes.

How can I evaluate cygwin's state, and the state of the updates.  How
do I recover/resume the update?

Rerun 'setup.exe'. You'll have to re-select the packages you want to install though. Sounds like you want to uninstall BlackICE for the duration of the install though so that it doesn't get in the way.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746