Re: strange crashes on invocation

On Sep 24 11:31, Heath Kehoe wrote:
The path is correct. I have no explanation why changing from a
filename to a pathname (and LoadLibrary to LoadLibraryW) would make
any difference, unless there's a race condition, say if
LoadLibrary[W] is a bit faster when you give it a full path.
That doesn't make sense.  It's the LoadLibraryW call itself which is
failing with error 998, "Invalid access to memory location".

Hmm. Puzzeling.

Well, another difference is the addition of PATH_MAX*2 bytes on the stack. Those functions do some stack manipulations that I'm having trouble grokking. Does 'ret' need to be topmost on the stack?

As a test, I moved the 'ret' definition after that of 'dll_path' (in std_dll_init). So far with that change, I have not seen the LoadLibrary fatal error, though I need to test it more to be sure.

-h