Re: how to enable the very convenient copy/paste editing method in Cgywin?

On 22 September 2010 11:11, Csaba Raduly wrote:
> I just tried Ctrl+Tab and the mintty window simply disappeared,
> leaving the shell process (bash or ssh) behind without a window
> (visible or otherwise). :(

Uh oh. Works fine for me of course, so here's a load of questions:

- What versions of mintty, Cygwin, and Windows were you using?
- Are any 3rd party window/taskbar/tray management utilities involved?
AutoHotkey?
- Did you confirm that the mintty process had died, or could the
window just have been hidden?
- How many mintty windows were open at the time? Were any of them minimised?
- Can you reproduce the problem?

If you want a workaround, you can disable the Ctrl[+Shift]+Tab
shortcuts on the Keys page of the options, in which case they'll send
keycodes to the application instead. (Btw, those can be mapped to
switch session in GNU screen.)

Andy