Re: Unacceptable behavior -- slowing down script execution

On 9/17/2010 6:46 PM, SJ Wright wrote:
The above message:http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-09/msg00568.html I
have found other messages that discuss the 100% CPU load issue in previous
versions of Cygwin. No wonder no one's bothered to answer my questions yet --
 evidently one should take it as read that anything fancier than cmd.exe as a
 terminal emulator will do this.

Okay, so here's QUESTION #6: Why should a bash script call up sh.exe, not
once but as many as three times, as processes in Task Manager when run in the
current version of Cygwin?

As for the slowdown in script execution: I've pondered using ssh, scp and ftp
to do all my heavier-load script running remotely to my Linux laptop.
QUESTION #7: Am I the only one who thinks this shouldn't be necessary?

Here's hoping I've piqued someone's interest.

Here's a thought:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746