Making a tailored Cygwin, something between Base and Full

The best solution to the problem of making a tailored Cygwin installation

Base + select handful of packages

but stopping short of Full (typically, well short of Full) seems to be Igor Pechtchanski's offered at

but probably with other references too. I have been able to achieve this many times in the past by incorporating a single additional paragraph into setup.ini, located near the top immediately between the lines

setup-timestamp: xxxxxxxxxx
and
@ ELFIO

and typically looking something like

@ anynameilike
category: Base
requires: bc bison expect flex gcc make ncurses readline util-linux
version: 8

where the required list comes after requires: (and some version number or other is necessary too).

Choose Default in setup.exe and away you go. You get Base + all your requirements AND with all dependencies attended to.

This has worked many times in the past but today I have tried it for the first time with the current version of setup.exe (and not for several predecessors) and for no reason that I can discern the @ anynameilike package is not being picked up. All that happens after choosing Default is that Base is installed, with none of the bespoke extras and dependencies that this algorithm is intended to achieve.

The only thing I can think of that might explain this is that maybe the contrived package @ anynameilike needs to be located differently: maybe alphabetically (ie between @ antiword and @ apache ??) whereas previous versions of setup.exe have been more forgiving.

Dunno: but for the moment I seem to have lost this very useful capability simply and efficiently to make a tailored installation, and I wondered whether anybody else has tried this successfully in the past, but unsuccessfully now?

Thank you.

Fergus