Cygwin instabilities

Hello,

I run Cygwin on a double core machine with Vista. I estimate that 1 of
20 of my compilations break and need to be repeated. One weak point is
the compression of man pages.

Others report that they don't use Cygwin because of instablilities,
especially in the server context.

What are the reasons? Will this be better with Windows 7? Can Cygwin
become "server stable"?

Al