Re: Installing unix modules package on cygwinþ

Greetings, Arnold Tharrington!

> I have installed the unix module package version 3.2.7 for Cygwin 1.7.1.
>  However when I type module list I get the following error message.

?$>> module list
> init.c(640):WARN:165: Cannot set TCL variable '!::'
> No Modulefiles Currently Loaded.

> My
>  issue is the variable '!::' What is it and where is it set? This
> variable can not be processed TCL.? When I type env, I that special
> variable listed

The bug is in TCL or whatever wrapper around it, that trying to deal with
variable names.
POSIX clearly states that program must be prepared to deal with variables
having names "not really safe for printing".
This has been discussed already, in this very list.
mid:2BF01EB27B56CC478AD6E5A0A28931F2013024D9@A1DAL1SWPES19MB.ams.acs-inc.net
And especially mid:20100804192416.GA4610@calimero.vinschen.de

--
WBR,