RSH hangs indefinitely

Here is the situation I have and the things I did to get it:-

1. Initiate an RCP connection from Server A (Windows Vista) via Cygwin to Server
B (Linux).
2. Disconnect the RJ45 cable to simulate a server down event (@ Server B).
This is where I notice two possibilities.

Scenario #1
RJ45 unplug while the RCP/RSH is synchronising (used netstat). In this case, the
session at Server A will close nicely.

Scenario #2
RJ45 unplug after the RCP/RSH hits ESTABLISHED (used netstat). This is when the
session at Server A will remain opened indefinitely. I have waited more than two
hours for it to close but it's not happening yet (or ever).

Question:-
1. Is this a Windows issue or a Cygwin issue?
2. How do I remedy this issue?