Re: Oddities with file deletion on CIFS drive

--On Wednesday, September 08, 2010 7:12 PM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

That covers all the obvious things for me.  I'd recommend taking a look
at the SAMBA server to see if user IDs are mapped correctly.  Also, I
know there were some problems in the past with older Samba servers, bugs
and all.  Make sure you're using a current version there.  It may be
worthwhile to look at the permissions and owners from the Windows
perspective too.  If that doesn't get you anywhere, I'd recommend filing
a full problem report on your follow-up to the list.  See the link below
for full details:

I don't think the CIFS server is using Samba, actually. It is a Celerra storage array from EMC (<http://www.emc.com/products/family/celerra-family.htm>), and in this case, it isn't hooked up to an AD server like they usually have them.

Hm, looks like it does use smb, based off google. But I have no idea what version of Samba it ships with. I'll see if I can find out from out networking team.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer