Re: Inability to delete *or rename* CWD of any program driving me nuts

> If you read the announcement and followed the discussions on this list,
> you know why we had to do it.  If it helps to share the pain, I don't
> like it either.  Not the faintest.

Of course I have, and I understand the workaround. What I don't
understand is why the pipefs technique (for which you had working code,
IIRC) wasn't used in the end. Was it the difficulty of changing cygtools
to use the new interface? The additional interface complexity?
Personally, I'd argue both are worth it.