Re: Fwd: Windows File permissions are not being inherited - Cygwin 1.7 - Windows 7

On 2 September 2010 16:05, Vasya Pupkin wrote:
> In my case, these additional permissions were allowing everyone to
> modify files. Not harmful at all, indeed. I do not remember all the
> details, I remember these permissions were everywhere. So I just
> replaced everything with proper permissions and disabled acl support
> in cygwin. The only problem was setup.exe but now I compiled it with a
> modification and this last problem gone.
>
> I understand that I do not have all the details required for a bug
> report. And it wasn't an attempt to report a bug.

Intended or not, this is a bug report, and a rather serious one at
that. Any further details might be useful.

When was it that you saw that problem? Still during the beta phase or
after 1.7.1 was released?

How did you find the problematic permissions? By looking at the
security tab of the file properties? Did you confirm that users really
were able to modify files they weren't supposed to? Could the
offending privileges have been inherited from the directory Cygwin was
installed in?

Andy