Re: Fwd: Windows File permissions are not being inherited - Cygwin 1.7 - Windows 7

No, it wasn't a mess of my own making. I did not ever touch
permissions, and it was a clean install. I don't know where these
permissions came from, but ls -l displayed something like that for
most files:

drwxr-xr-x+ 1 user group      0 2010-09-02 09:32 tests

This "+" sign after permissions string indicated non-cygwin
permissions which was impossible to remove using cygwin's chmod. And
since permissions are not inherited, it was not possible to mass
remove them using windows either. So, I just removed all permissions
and forced their inheritance. That solved all problems, until I
updated installation using setup.exe.

Believe me or not, but I really did not touch any permissions until I
noticed that strange behaviour. And I am the only administrator.
Machine is not a part of any domains. So, unless it's a kind of black
magic, there was (and maybe still is) some issue with permissions in
cygwin. That is why I don't want to use them.