Re: Cygwin slow on x64 systems

Hi Sagi and all others,

Thanks Sagi for your investigation!

This is great news that it could finally be tracked down. I am also suffering badly here from this
speed drop. I haven't yet tried myself to revert this change to see whether it brings back speed
but will certainly try to do so soon.

What are our cygwin gurus (CGF,Corinna,?) saying about this? Can the results of these
investigations be incorporated in a change in an upcoming version to get a more performant
cygwin version? I know that in 1.7 codebase a lot has changed so it might not be that easy
to transport these results to the current version.

Beside of the fork problems the speed drop is (in my eyes) the other big problem of cygwin on x64.

Thanks in advance,

Roland, hoping that this problem gets cured soon