MANPATH not being cygpathed like PATH is?

Hello Everyone,

I recently switched from setting up environment variables within my
bash_profile/bashrc file and instead started setting them on the box
I'm on.  This works great for PATH.  In Windows I set the values to
c:/whateverwhatever and then when my terminal fires up they get
cygpathed (I'm assuming) into the right /usr/etcetcetc.
Unfortunately, I'm observing no such behavior with the MANPATH.  I
can't see any difference between it and the PATH value so I was
wondering if this was something that cygwin does intentionally.

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.