Re: Emacs and DBUS

Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> writes:

Hi Ken,

>> It's some years ago I have used Cygwin. But if you have uploaded the
>> build already, I could check, whether I have problems running Emacs +
>> D-Bus under Cygwin.
>
> Yes, it's uploaded.  See
>
>   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2010-08/msg00020.html

Unfortunately, it does not run. First, there is a minor issue: when I've
started emacs after downloading, I've got

/usr/bin/emacs-nox.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cygdbus-1-3.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I guess, a dependency to libdbus1_3 must be added when Emacs is
compiled with D-Bus support.

After installing that library, Emacs did start. How ever, it blocks
when loading dbus.el.

I've tried to debug it with gdb, but it told me

(gdb) file /usr/bin/emacs-nox.exe
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/emacs-nox.exe...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

I'm sorry; I'm not familiar with cygwin, so I don't know how to continue.

> Ken

Best regards, Michael.