RE: Postinstall for mintty fails when installing "just for me"

Corinna Vinschen sent the following at Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:43 AM

>That usually just means you don't have admin privs.

For the archive:  That is indeed the case.

>Here's the actual problem:
>  cygdrive prefix     /         system  binary,noacl,posix=0,auto
>
>The cygdrive prefix is set to the mount option "noacl".  So the
>output from getfacl or ls or stat for this directory shows just fake
>permissions based on the DOS R/O flag.
>
>You're not an admin, so you're not allowed to write to this directory,
>see the cacls output.  However, since the cygdrive prefix is mounted
>with "noacl", Cygwin tools just don't know it.

With "acl", I had been getting annoying error messages about copying
permissions with "cp -p" on some network drives, so I switched
everything to "noacl".  I'll try switching back to "acl", testing for
error messages, and going to "noacl" only on drives that seem to have
problems.

Thanks for your input.

- Barry