Re: Problem with subversion-apache2

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU>  Yuck!  Reformatted.
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

On 8/6/2010 3:25 PM, Brian Wilson wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 09:03:21, Brian Wilson wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:53:46, Larry Hall wrote:
On 7/29/2010 5:48 PM, Dragos Toader wrote:
The problem has to do with package
subversion-apache 2 1.6.12-2

My apache2 daemon crashes when I try to start it
after adding
LoadModule authz_svn_module lib/apache2/mod_authz_svn.so
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf

/var/log/apache2/error_log reports
7424725 [main] httpd2 1000 C:\cygwin\usr\sbin\httpd2.exe: *** fatal
error - unable to remap \\?\C:\cygwin\lib\apache2\mod_authz_svn.so to
same address as parent: 0xC70000 != 0xF10000

This is caused by one of two things:

1. rebase problem - Install the rebase package, read the readme in
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin, and follow the instructions there to run
rebaseall.

2.<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>

I'd try 1 first.
I have similar problems with httpd2 as well as other occasional heap
space errors trying to start the bash shell.  I'm not a power user
of Cygwin; but I do read the User Guides and other web sites for
help/advise.  What I've set up I really like and I find this is
great for testing shell and Perl scripts.

I am running the latest Cygwin version (1.7.5 I think) on a Windows
XP Pro system with SP3 and the latest patches.  I ran cygcheck and
noted it says I don't have gcc, ld, or a few other compiler related
packages.  I don't use my cygwin for compiling much so I've never
installed them.  Shouldn't these be part of the dependency list for
the rebase package if they are required?    Do I need to download
more packages (even though I just reinstalled rebase)?  I've
attached the cygcheck output file to help with the analysis.

I also note cygcheck says I have ZoneAlarm, which is incorrect.  I
believe it is detecting McAfee Total Protection and mis- identifying
it.  I know McAfee is on the BLODA list; but I had shut down all
file scanning before running rebaseall.  Do I need to turn something
more off?

I opened an Explorer window and located C:/cygwin/bin/ash.exe and
double clicked.  I tried to run the rebaseall command and got the
following.  What did I do wrong?  Any advise would be appreciated.

$ /bin/ps -eaf
      UID     PID    PPID TTY     STIME COMMAND
Brian S.   15996       1 con  08:26:57 /usr/bin/ash
Brian S.   12880   15996 con  08:32:06 /usr/bin/ps
$ /bin/rebaseall
ReBaseImage (/usr/bin/cyggcc_s-1.dll) failed with last error = 6

Is this the right board for rebase issues?  Should I be looking somewhere
else to determine which gcc and other tools I need.

Sounds like you still have other Cygwin processes running. Did you read the README?

Holliston, MA 01746