Cohabitation of gold and gnu ld?

Hi,

I'm going to build gcc 4.5.1 to experiment with its C++0x
support and, since its an experimentation, I thought to have a
try at the gold linker too, if possible.

The Cygwin installation I'm going to use already has its gcc
4.3.4, which I'd like to keep, and that one uses gnu ld.

Would it be a problem to configure the new compiler with

  --enable-gold

and make it use gold, leaving gnu ld for gcc 4.3.4?

Thanks.

--
  Gennaro Prota         |           name.surname yahoo.com
    Breeze C++ (preview): <https://sourceforge.net/projects/breeze/>