Re: Win64 FS redirectors and Cygwin

On Jul 16 23:15, JonY wrote:
> On 7/16/2010 23:22, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Jul 16 22:43, JonY wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>While working with bash auto-completion in C:\Windows\System32, I
> >>noticed that win64 FS redirectors are not disabled.
> >>
> >>This caused some strangeness from the user perspective, but Cygwin
> >>is a normal Win32 program from Window's perspective.
> >>
> >>Should FS redirection be disabled for Cygwin? Or at least a way to
> >>disable it?
> >
> >No.  Just use /cygdrive/c/Windows/Sysnative as path to the 64 bit
> >binaries.
> >

> Thanks, I didn't know ls works with sysnative too.

It's a valid OS path.  The unfortunate side effect of its virtuality is
that it's not listed in a readdir call, so file completion doesn't work.
However, there's a funny workaround.  Just start an elevated bash:

  $ cd /cygdrive/c/Windows
  $ export CYGWIN=winsymlinks
  $ ln -s temp-file-name sysnative
  $ cmd /c ren temp-file-file.lnk sysnative.lnk

Now try

  $ cd
  $ cd /cygdrive/c/Windows/sysn<TAB>

Corinna