Re: Rebaseall fails with error 6 on cygcrypt-0.dll

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 7/4/2010 3:20 AM, Alex Leigh wrote:

>>> Make sure you stopped all services and then reboot.
>>
>> I rebooted, then shut down all non-essential programs and services,
>> and still get the same error. This is baffling...is there anything
>> else that could cause this error?
>
> Something has that DLL open/locked. ?I suppose it doesn't have to be
> Cygwin but I wouldn't know what that would be. ?Any rogue cygwin1.dlls
> on your system.
>
> To be sure you've excluded all things Cygwin from this install, do a
> 'cygrunsrv --list' followed by a 'cygrunsrv --stop <service_name>'
> where <service_name> is any service you see listed by the previous
> command.

Oops, I figured out why this was happening and it was rather silly on
my part. I installed cygwin under the Administrator account and was
trying to run rebaseall under a different account. I thought using the
"run as administrator" option when opening ash would give it enough
privileges but apparently it's not enough. Running ash under the
actual Administrator account made the error go away and solved my
status_access_violation problems. Thanks for the help everyone.

Sincerely,
Alex