RE: Incomplete downloads reported across several mirrors

I seem to remember that, long ago, I occasionally had this problem.  I seem to remember that sometimes I could get a complete download by using a mirror that was far away (for me, Europe or Australia).  My speculation as to why this worked was that most people who might use the mirror were asleep.  It might be worth a try.  YMMV.

Other things one might try:
  -  Separate downloading and installing.
  -  Download only one package at a time.
Again, YMMV.