Re: cygpath behaviour when input is not a path

On 5/31/10, Dave Korn wrote:
> On 30/05/2010 08:51, Gary wrote:
>> Since the tool
>> output is mixed paths and text, I'd hoped cygpath made "intelligent"
>> guesses about what was and was not likely to be a path.
>>

>   Well, that is basically what it does; but, being a POSIX tool, the
> consequence is that it assumes that a colon is just a char like any other in
> filename.

Okay. So I'm SOL with tool output like
"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in
C:\cygwin\home\jg\work\foo.php on line 10"
then, short of parsing it myself :-(

Actually cygpath's response to the tool ouput in this instance was
"cygpath: can't convert empty path"
although that seems to be a barf on a previous, empty, line of output,
because on testing just that line with cygpath -u I got
"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:/cygwin/home/jg/work/foo.php on
line 10"
That is, the path is more posix-like, but certainly isn't "unixified".

--
Gary
Non-kook (allegedly)