Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gnuplot-4.4.0-1: A command-line driven interactive function plotting utility

Hello

I am glad to hear the gnuplot on the cygwin site is updated.

I have two question on this release.

1.  The gd-2.0.36RC1 has a bug for the treatment fontconfig libraries.
See,
http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg106834.html
http://old.nabble.com/gd-and-fontconfig-to27967801.html

I have download the gd-2.0.36RC1-10-src.tar.bz2 and the bug concerning fontconfig has not been fixed.

I do not know the maintainer for the gd library but it is better to be fixed.
2. The gnuplot on the release is linked to the GNU readline.  Obiously the licence is the gnuplot is
not the GPL compatible.

There have been a disccussion on the lisence issue on the gnuplot-beta ML.

http://old.nabble.com/readline-to-gnuplot.exe-(console-mode)-for-windows-td27673503.html

The final decision of the gnuplot team is
http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-readline-to-gnuplot.exe-(console-mode)-for-windows-p27677233.html (The
last thread is the above)

The gnuplot team did not assert that the binary distribution of the gnuplot linking with GNU readline
causes the license violation.  However, to avoid the possible license issue, the gnuplot
team does not distribute the gnuplot binary package linked with the GNU readline.

Thus cygwin version of distribution on gnuplot binary package on SourceForge site is not linked with
the GNU libreadline.  Instead the libeditline is used.

However, I think that the decision on this matter can be differ from that of the gnuplot team.
I will tell you a discussion on the Gnuplot ML as information.

Regards

Tatsuro