Re: Cygwin visual brand

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, I really appreciate it. I fail to
see what a hippo has to do with cygwin, but I will of course try and
honour any kind of legacy with major traction in the community.

Now, if I wanted somebody who can give the definitive go-ahead on the
design and who can clear the final version for release, who would you
suggest I talk to? I can't involve the entire community in the
redesign process, but I need somebody who can, because that is what
needs to happen.

Cheers again,
Berthold

PS: On the subject of relevance: Good design (visuals, workings, user
experience) is widely accepted to improve the users' perception of the
functionality. Beautiful things work better. Even if the new design
wouldn't attract more users and increase the interest in Cygwin in
general, it may very well cut down on people complaining.