Re: Setup.exe don't remember previos settings

On 06/05/2010 06:57, DEWI - N. Zacharias wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Every time I run setup.exe to update the installation  I have to fill in
> the Root Directory ,the Local Package Directory and the Download Site.
>
> Because this is  annoying  and my colleagues which only using Cygwin are
> irritated by this I want to know if and how this behavior could be changed.

  So, as the others mentioned, it is certainly supposed to remember these
settings.  They should be stored in the file /etc/setup.rc; can you check that
it is there, and what the owner and permissions may be on it?

  You should also find log files in /var/log; the setup.log.full file contains
a detailed log of your most recent run of setup.exe, so please take a look and
see if there are any errors indicated around the start of the file, where
setup should be loading its settings.

    cheers,
      DaveK