File extension for the copy of python2.5.exe

Part of the latest python rollout involved converting the "python" symlink into a full file copy. I was wondering if this could be renamed to "python.exe".

Without the ".exe" extension, doing a CreateProcess() on "python" fails even if the python file exists and is in the calling process' %PATH%.

Likewise, running "python" from a CMD shell (some people do this) fails for the same reason.

I don't think this would break things on the Cygwin side -- witness "ls.exe".

Thanks,
Jim