Re: sh.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487

On 4/23/2010 9:10 AM, Lee Maschmeyer wrote:
I have Symantec Endpoint on my machine and so far haven't had any trouble.
My guess is that there's some kind of configuration difference, but since
I've never been bothered by it I haven't had to learn anything about it.

Running without AV scares the stuffing out of me though. My neighbor
recently told me they had discovered 167 viruses on his machine. He's now a
bit wiser and not that much poorer. :-)
Many people this week have been wishing they used an open source virus checker:
http://www.betanews.com/article/One-very-false-positive-McAfee-in-full-damage-control-mode/12720406
--
Tim Prince