Network drive file permissions: "Permission denied"

Since upgrading from Cygwin 1.5 to 1.7, I've been getting an error message on network drives that I haven't been getting on my local hard disk.  I wasn't getting anywhere before the upgrade to 1.7.

$ cp -pv t /h/
`t' -> `/h/t'
/bin/cp: preserving permissions for `/h/t': Permission denied

This also happens with programs besides cp.

sed: preserving permissions for `./sedVCLIN3': Permission denied
chmod: changing permissions of `head.htm': Permission denied
uudecode: chmod of txt.gif: Permission denied

Although this does not seem actually to stop me from doing what I need to do, it is VERY annoying.  I'd appreciate any suggestions about what I might be able to do to get rid of this error message.

cygcheck.out attached.  To save you the trouble of looking for what I guess are the most important places to look:

CYGWIN = 'export glob:ignorecase title tty'

a:  fd             N/A    N/A
c:  hd  NTFS     38138Mb  69% CP CS UN PA FC
d:  cd             N/A    N/A
h:  net NTFS   2267021Mb  86% CP CS UN PA        xxxxxx$
k:  net NTFS     70551Mb  29% CP CS UN PA FC
o:  net NTFS   1591173Mb  89% CP CS UN PA        xxx-share
q:  net NTFS   1591173Mb  89% CP CS UN PA        yyyyyyyy
s:  net NTFS   1591173Mb  89% CP CS UN PA        shares
t:  net NTFS   1591173Mb  89% CP CS UN PA        xxxx
u:  net NTFS    552960Mb  84% CP CS UN PA        YYYY

c:/BW               /BW       user    binary
c:/WS               /WS       user    binary
h:/cygwin/arc       /arc      user    binary
H:\                 /h        user    text,noacl,posix=0
c:\cygwin\usr\lib   /lib      user    binary
O:\                 /o        user    text,noacl,posix=0
c:\cygwin\usr\sbin  /sbin     user    binary
C:\cygwin           /         system  binary,auto
C:\cygwin\bin       /usr/bin  system  binary,auto
C:\cygwin\lib       /usr/lib  system  binary,auto
cygdrive prefix     /         user    binary,posix=0,auto

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Barry