Re: ImageMagick shared libraries missing?

On 4/21/2010 11:17 PM, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:

After updating through setup, the montage and convert binaries complain of missing shared libraries.

$ montage
/usr/bin/montage.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

$ convert
/usr/bin/convert.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How do I fix this?   Is there any other package that needs to get
installed for the new  version.  The previous installed version was
working fine.

'cygcheck montage' and 'cygcheck convert' should tell you the missing DLLs. Then use <http://cygwin.com/packages/> or 'cygcheck -p /bin/foo.dll' to find the package to install. If I had to guess, I'd say you're looking for the libImagemagick1 package if you're just missing the ImageMagick- specific DLLs.

Holliston, MA 01746