Re: Vertical split in GNU screen

> Though I'm not sure if vertical split is officially supported in GNU
> screen, I noticed what I installed in my Ubuntu (Karmic) supports it
> (C-a |). Does anyone know if it's going to be in Cygwin's port of
> screen any time soon?

Jeenu, I'm the screen maintainer for Cygwin.  The vertical split functionality
exists as a patch, outside of the last official release, which is version 4.0.3.
I've heard that the patch is supposed to be stable, and people seem to be using
it widely.  I've just never taken the time to try to apply it to screen in
Cygwin.

I agree that it would be good to have it in Cygwin.  Let me see if I can find a
little time in the next few days to try it out.

Andrew.