tar extract issues on Windows 7

I am using cygwin version 1.5.25-15

I tar'ed a bunch files on a FreeBSD system a while back and did not
notice that all mode bits were stripped  EG:
----------  1 james  513   4071 Apr 13 05:21 .bash_history
----------  1 james  513    708 Apr  9 07:22 .bash_profile
----------  1 james  513    625 May 19  2006 .bashrc

I've been trying all day to extract this tar archive on a Windows 7,
64 bit system. EG: google, screwing around with security permissions
etc.

Here is the tar error I receive when attempting to extract files fro
this archive to c:\strorage1.

I am attempting this under an account with Administrator permission.
This account is correctly listed in the password/group files.  I've
tried tweaking the effective GID- no luck.

tar: JumpDrive/Personal/Technical/Scripts/FreeBSD/IP_Check/FreeBSD/email_notice.txt:
Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: JumpDrive/Personal/Technical/Scripts/FreeBSD/IP_Check/FreeBSD/IP:
Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: JumpDrive/Personal/Technical/Scripts/FreeBSD/IP_Check/FreeBSD/ip_history.log:
Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: JumpDrive/Personal/Technical/Scripts/FreeBSD/IP_Check/FreeBSD/machine_shutdown.sh:
Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: JumpDrive/Personal/Technical/Scripts/FreeBSD/IP_Check/FreeBSD/machine_started.sh:
Cannot open: No such file or directory

When I have access to a UNIX system (or knoppix) I'll repackage the
tar.  But there should be a way to do this under Windows 7 with Cygwin
1.5.25-15? Or do I have to grab 1.7 and mess around with mounting
things with /etc/fstabb?

Thanks,
Xavier