Re: Usage of _exit(0) closes fd's of parent process

On 11/04/2010 07:29, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 01:48:51AM -0400, tmhikaru@gmail wrote:

>> establishes a tcp connection in the parent,

> your conclusions about the problem.  For instance, what does "stays
> connected" mean?  Are you using sockets, pipes, a file, shared memory,
> etc.?

  Call it guesswork or an assumption if you like, but I think he's using a TCP
socket!  Wasn't there a thread like this just recently that Corinna was
helping someone with a problem and it was to do with some kind of "winsock
handles aren't quite like other handles when it comes to duplicating them"
problem?  I'll have a search through my old emails and see if I can find it.

  Hikaru, are you fully up-to-date with the latest Cygwin DLL?  And is it
possible for you to strip down your code to a tiny testcase using just the
minimal code to open the socket, accept the connection, fork the child and
call _exit, so that hopefully we can reproduce the problem?

    cheers,
      DaveK