Re: Problem with SSH log on through passwordless public key using the LSA security method on a Windows Server 2008 Standard machine

On Apr 10 11:09, Kent Larsson wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Has anyone got any idea on how to solve this? Do you know of *any*
> Windows 2008 Server Standard Cygwin installation which is used as an
> SSH-server where the users are able to login using a passwordless
> public key? I'm beginning to suspect that it's just not possible with

Mine, for instance.  We also have customers using SSH on 2008.

> 2010/4/7 Kent Larsson <kent.larsson@euroling.se>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having problems logging in to a Windows Server 2008 Standard
> > machine using a password-less public key and I feel that I'm getting
> > nowhere closer to solving it. Despite my attempts the log in always
> > results in asking for my account password. Logging in using a password
> > works well, but I really need to log in using my public.
> >
> > What I've done is:
> > ?1. Turing DEP off by: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Not necessary.  Mine's running with "DEP for all programs" just fine.

Huh?  http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html

> > ?5. Execute "ssh-host-config" choosing the defaults, I wrote "binmode
> > tty ntsec" when asked for the CYGWIN contents

Again, http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html

Neither of these makes sense.

> > After that, the system has been restarted numerous times. I also have
> > "Cron deamon" running, under a domain account. But I don't think it
> > affects the issue. I'm able to log in using a password, but not using
> > a public key. Also the su command doesn't work, it asks me for a
> > password when issuing it and always respons with "su: /bin/bash:
> > Permission denied", that one might be related?

http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.su

And maybe that helps:

http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.sshd-in-domain

Corinna