Re: How to uninstall Cygwin/X (only)

Dave Korn <d...@googlemail.com> writes:

> On 09/04/2010 02:52, Charles Wilson wrote:
>
>> Hmm.  I wonder if a quick-n-dirty way to "fix" this is to add a
>> right-click context menu to the spinner, so that you can directly choose
>> "Uninstall" without traversing the entire cycle.  Rinse and repeat on
>> all the items you want to remove...
>
>   I am writing a patch to add a right-click context menu to the spinner :)
> more news in the next couple of days.
>
>     cheers,
>       DaveK

If by "add a right-click context menu to the spinner" you intend to
retain the current problematic behaviour of the spinner but add the
context menu by way of avoiding the noted problems of cycling through
`uninstall', then I would, as a user, see that as an inconsistency.  I
would expect the two to be alternative ways of achieving the same thing
and regard the (presumably) silent difference to be a design flaw.  I may
be missing something, but I'm wondering how it is that, if the pass
through `install' can put in all the dependencies, continuing to
`uninstall' can't just take them out again?

Regards

Paul Bibbings

[p.s. Many sincere apologies to Dave for having hit the wrong button and
sent this reply initially to his private address.]