Re: MySQL client, prompt, redux

On 2010-04-07 09:24, Markus Hoenicka wrote:
This is just to confirm, for the sake of the archive's completeness,
that Cygwin Ports has builds, or patch sets if you prefer to build them
from scratch, and that these Cygwin builds provide a working command
prompt. The only downside is that I don't seem to be able to connect
through a socket, so I always have to use the network layer (via the -h
hostname option) to connect to my local server.

What do you mean by "local server"? If you mean a Win32-native server, that case is clearly noted in the mysql Cygwin README. If you mean the mysqld which is provided by the Ports package, further discussion thereof would be welcome on the cygwin-ports-general list.

Yaakov Cygwin Ports