Re: CygWin-1.7.3-1 fails to provide pipe.

On 06/04/2010 15:15, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 07:55:19AM -0400, George Barrick wrote:
>> What I am suggesting is that the new cygwin.dll has difficulties
>> implementing the kind of pipe that octave uses to send its graphing
>> commands to gnuplot.  The specific details of the pipe that serves as
>> an example of this can be seen in the __gnuplot_get_var__.m script
>> inside the GNU Octave package.
>
> Sorry but unless someone can narrow this down to a test case which
> does not requier installing gnuplot I don't intend on investigating
> this.

  Here ya go.  I took a look at the octave module, and narrowed it down to the
equivalent C testcase attached, which appears to reproduce the same failure
mode for me:

> $ ./tfifo.exe
> Got name /tmp/t1150.0
> mkfifo returns 0 (errno 2)
> Open for read returns file 0x0 (errno is 13)
>
> $ ls -lart /tmp/t1150.0
> prw------- 1 DKAdmin None 0 2010-04-06 16:05 /tmp/t1150.0
>
> $

  errno 13 = EACCES = permission denied.  Haven't run through into the DLL to
look at why it's failing yet, and am about to go AFK for a while.
Possibly-relevant information after the failure:

> $ getfacl /tmp/t1150.0
> # file: /tmp/t1150.0
> # owner: DKAdmin
> # group: None
> user::rw-
> group::rw-
> other:rw-
> mask:rwx
>

> $ cacls `cygpath -w /tmp/t1150.0`
> F:\cygwin-1.7\tmp\t1150.0.lnk UBIK\DKAdmin:F
>                               BUILTIN\Administrators:F
>                               NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:F
>

> $

    cheers,