Re: 1.7.2: cp fails - skipping file as it was replaced while being copied

This got fixed in 1.7.3 - I am able to copy from the NetApp drive without any problems :-)

Thanks a lot!!

- Shailo

*From: *Shailo Sanyal
*Sent: *Thu Apr 01 17:15:41 2010
*To: *Eric Blake
*Cc: *cygwin
*Subject: *Re: 1.7.2: cp fails - skipping file as it was replaced while being

copied

Hi Eric,

Here's the getVolInfo output on /cygdrive/h:
ssanyal@I4846-vm ~
$ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/h
Device Type : 7
Characteristics : 10
Volume Name : <it_home>
Serial Number : 318955787
Max Filenamelength : 255
Filesystemname : <NTFS>
Flags : 4004f
FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH : TRUE
FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES : TRUE
FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK : TRUE
FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS : TRUE
FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION : FALSE
FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS : FALSE
FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES : TRUE
FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: FALSE
FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED : FALSE
FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS : FALSE
FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION : FALSE
FILE_NAMED_STREAMS : TRUE
FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME : FALSE
FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE : FALSE
FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS : FALSE

If it is any help, we have another NetApp share (which seems to be setup
a little different than /cygdrive/h) that does not exhibit the same
symptom:
ssanyal@I4846-vm ~
$ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/z
Device Type : 7
Characteristics : 10
Volume Name : <pdist7>
Serial Number : 50415496
Max Filenamelength : 255
Filesystemname : <FAT>
Flags : 40007
FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH : TRUE
FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES : TRUE
FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK : TRUE
FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS : FALSE
FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION : FALSE
FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS : FALSE
FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES : FALSE
FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: FALSE
FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED : FALSE
FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS : FALSE
FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION : FALSE
FILE_NAMED_STREAMS : TRUE
FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME : FALSE
FILE_SEQUENTIAL_WRITE_ONCE : FALSE
FILE_SUPPORTS_TRANSACTIONS : FALSE

I can copy files from /cygdrive/z and the inode does not change in the
"ls -li" output.

Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for looking into
this!

Shailo