ssh ControlMaster=yes

Am I right in thinking it still* doesn't work? Or rather, I can't get
it to work, and found
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-06/msg00324.html (for example)
suggesting it "shouldn't" (or should I say "should, but doesn't yet,
when yet is some time in 2008"? Well, whatever). Anyway, point is -
should it now work? I keep getting hit with not being able to create
any more proceses because I've got umpteen ssh processes running, most
of which are unnecessary (multiple connections to the same host, some
of which are anyway stale).

* This isn't a criticism, just a question.