Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: coreutils-8.4-2

On 03/29/2010 09:39 AM, george.b.milner@L-3com.com wrote:
> $ cygcheck -c coreutils
> Cygwin Package Information
> Package     Version   Status
> coreutils   8.4-2	    OK
>
> $ mkdir whatever.exe
> $ mv whatever.exe whatever
> $ echo $?
> 0
>
> $ ls whatever
> ls: cannot open directory whatever: No such file or directory
> $ file whatever.exe
> whatever.exe: directory

Thanks for the report.  Unfortunately, directory names ending in .exe
are rarely tested, because they tend to interfere with .exe magic.  I'll
add this to my list of things that I will look into for the next
coreutils packaging, but no promises on a time frame.  In the meantime,
you are better off not naming your directories with a .exe extension in
the first place.