troubles with sshd and Microsoft devenv's .rsp files

I'm using a fresh installation of cygwin 1.7.2 on a fresh install
of Windows Server 2003.

I'm having an issue where the temporary .rsp files created by
devenv.exe are created without read permission.  This causes the
tool devenv is about to start (like cl.exe) to be unable to read
the .rsp file.  Running ls -l in a loop on the build directory I
can catch the files while they exist with no permissions; ---------
shows in ls.

This bad behavior only appears to occur when running devenv.exe
from inside an ssh session.  If I'm using a cygwin shell on the
desktop things behave correctly (and .rsp files show up mode 700).
If I ssh into the same machine and run the same command, the .rsp
files show up mode 000 and cl.exe (which is spawned by devenv.exe)
can't read them.

I have a vague recollection of the same problem using cygwin 1.5
a long time ago and I believed I fixed it by setting
CYGWIN=nontsec.  I've tried mounting the filesystem these files are
created on using the noacl flag but it didn't seem to change the
behavior of the .rsp files (it did generally change the behavior of
the filesystem the way you'd expect).

I have a suspicion that somewhere in cygwin something is getting
overzealous about the FILE_ATTRIBUTE_TEMPORARY flag that I suspect
the .rsp files are created with, but I'm baffled by why sshd would
make a difference.  It looks like wine had some similar problems
and every now and then you see people complaining about problems
with devenv.exe in general.  The error you get from cl.exe looks
like this:

cl : Command line error D8022 : cannot open 'c:\cygwin\home...'

Any ideas?

--
Alec Kloss                        Email/Jabber IM:  alec@SetFilePointer.com
PGP key:       http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEBD1FF14