Re: "svn --version" halts in 1.7.2-2

> On Mar 26 15:40, Nayuta Taga wrote:
>> "svn --version" hals in 1.7.2-2 on both Windows7 and XP.
[snip]

> Works for me.  BLODA?

I'm able to reproduce this on one of my three Windows XP machines.
Ironically, the only one without a Symantec product installed.

On 3/26/2010 4:23 AM, Dave Korn wrote:
>   I had mysterious problems with svn once which didn't go away until I got rid
> of all the sasl2 stuff from my installation, so this theory is worth pursuing.

I recompiled without sasl2 support directly in svn and that fixed the
problem for me. This didn't require disabling serf, by the way.

I'm not sure why this is hanging on some machines and not others. I see
in Process Explorer there's a UDP connection related to sasl2 open when
the process is hanging, but I haven't had time to investigate further.

OP, if you want, you can recompile subversion yourself. You'll need to
add "--without-sasl" to CYGCONF_ARGS in the subversion .cygport file.

bug, n:
        A son of a glitch.