Re: recvfrom + MSG_PEEK = broken?

On Mar 22 13:40, Eliot Moss wrote:
> On 3/22/2010 1:37 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >>Sure.  I'm glad I had a simple testcase for a socket problem.  If only
> >>somebody would come up with an equally simple testcase for the rsync
> >>problem...
> >
> >I thought the rsync problem was due to the fact that select for write on
> >pipes is unreliable.

The problem has been observed with rsync using socketpairs in the first
place.  The first reports claimed that building rsync with pipes fixed
the issue.  Only a later report on the list claimed that the problem
still exists even with pipes.  I don't dare to make any assumption of
the actual reason :|

Corinna

Red Hat