/cygdrive permissions problem [failing duplicity backup]

Dear all,

I am trying to get duplicity (backup) working, and everything seems ok apart from the fact that duplicity seems not to be able to see anything underneath /cygdrive.

Looking at the permissions on /cygdrive, things seem a little bit odd:

Fri Mar 19 10:29:56 jan@aeolus:/
$ ls -ld /cygdrive/
d--x--x--x 5 jan Administrators 0 2006-12-01 00:00 /cygdrive/

My theory is that if duplicity actually obeys those rights, it would not be able to list the contents of the directory and hence none of the subfolders either.

However, I have no problems accessing the files underneath /cygdrive myself, and getfacl seems to disagree:

Fri Mar 19 10:30:03 jan@aeolus:/
$ getfacl.exe  /cygdrive
# file: /cygdrive
# owner: jan
# group: Administrators
user::rwx
group::r-x
other:r-x
mask:rwx

cygcheck and other Cygwin and Windows tools report of no problems that I can see. I cannot remember experiencing any other problems that I would attribute to any permissions issues on /cygdrive.

I have been googling high and low to no avail - I hope I haven't accidentally overlooked the solution to this problem. If so, if you could be so kind as to point me in the right direction, that would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Best regards
Jan Frydenbo-Bruvoll