Re: either nothing or cygheap base mismatch error

On 3/11/2010 2:45 AM, Eugen Zalinescu wrote:
My problem is that I cannot start cygwin (with Cygwin.bat). Actually
any cygwin application finishes as soon as I invoke it (or in about
1sec), with no output, as in
  D:\cygwin\bin>  bash

D:\cygwin\bin>

However, sometimes (I cannot reproduce the behavior), I obtain a
"cygheap base mismatch detected" error.

I attach a cygcheck.out file and the setup.log for a "fresh"
installation (I didn't uninstall my previous installation, which was
working fine some time ago, but just put it elsewhere; it is said that
this should be OK in 1.7.1. Anyhow, I have same behavior with both the
new and old installation).

There do not seem to be other versions of cygwin1.dll in the system,
and I obtain the same behavior after deactivating the anti-virus; and
I don't have any other program from the BLODA neither.

This sounds very similar to a problem currently being discussed in a different thread (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-03/threads.html#00448). A suggestion there was to try a rebaseall.

Ken