Re: Intermittent perl errors with cygwin 1.7

On 18/03/2010 17:04, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 3/18/2010 11:51 AM, Cygwin wrote:

>>> 4 [main] perl 3156 D:\Local\Cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error -
>>> cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x6120C6E0/0xD4C6E0.

>>> There is not another cygwin DLL on my system, and rebooting does in
>>> fact fix it

> No, not without another, incompatible version of cygwin1.dll loaded on
> your system.

  These are almost certainly the exact same DLL, rebased-on-the-fly in a child
process when it couldn't reload at its original base.  Note the matching low
four hex digits.

> If reboot resolves it but not for good, make sure your
> search for other cygwin1.dlls doesn't skip over hidden files, system
> files, and other things Windows believes it's helping you with by
> masking them by default.  Otherwise, it may be some kind of heretofore
> unheard of BLODA <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA> or perhaps even a
> virus or something.  But now I'm reaching. ;-)

  A rebaseall run might resolve this one.  OP, have a good read through
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/rebase-3.0.1.README, then try following the procedure
under "Usage".

    cheers,
      DaveK