Re: incomplete/corrupted setup.exe

                       2010.03.18.16:13:51 UT

Hi Gregg and CygWin folks,

      I found the PGP/GPG key, and confirmed the validity of the setup.exe.

      As for the blocking, my college hires Cymphonix to do this for them, and then the college Information Svces. guys stay com- pletely away from any issues that arise.
Frustrated or confused?  I'm not entirely convinced that their security-besotted brains contain enough neurons for that kind of processing.  They would say that they neither block nor un-block anything.  It is up to Cymphonix.

The IS guys gave me the address for the Cymphonix group, and I had to e-mail those people for a couple of days before they decided to un-block the http://cygwin.com/setup.exe link.

Cymphonix apparently does not wish to deal with actual customers.  They never replied to my e-mails; just un-blocked the link.

I am now better informed about what awaits me on the wild, wild frontier of the internet.
The issue (and these threads) is well and thoroughly closed.

George                    gbarrick@walsh.edu