Re: g++ compile to use in windows (with only the cygwin1.dll)

On 03/17/2010 04:40 PM, martina leske wrote:
> i can open it in the cygwin window (hello world pops up =D)
> but if i tryed to open the .exe in windows the error msg came up (no cygwin1.dll) after i searched a bit i put it in the dir from my programm

Not a good idea - now you have multiple copies of the dll, which will
cause you grief the moment you update one but not the other.  Rather,
you should update your PATH to include the directory with the original one.

> the next error smg pops up (i searched it in my bin and put it in my dir from the programm)
> but that istn waht i want =/ i want that the rogramm is usable only with ONE dll data the cygwin1.dll

Not necessarily going to happen.  'cygcheck your-program.exe' will show
you all the dlls that you depend on, and you may depend on libgcc1 in
addition to cygwin1.dll.  But again, by modifying your PATH to point to
the right directory, all those dependencies should be there.