Re: 1.7.1: cvs version built in is unstable

Roe, Kevin L:
> I did read that page and I reiterate: "No write capability" ÂThat includes USB sticks.

Yes, so you've said, and my post didn't doubt that in any way. I'm of
course highly intrigued by what high-falutin' mystery system you might
be working on.

> Please continue to give constructive advice so that I can resolve this issue.

That's pretty rich considering it's taken repeated prompting to get
answers to rather straightforward questions.

Anyway, now that the case-sensitivity issue seems to have been ruled
out, let's go back to an earlier post in this thread:

Corinna Vinschen:
>>what would cause
>>
>> Â Â Â open(".new.p_change.pl", O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC, 0777)
>>
>> to fail with errno set to ENOENT.
>
>Just as in Linux:
>
>ENOENT ÂO_CREAT is not set and the named file does not exist. Or, a
> Â Â Âdirectory component in pathname does not exist or is a dangling
> Â Â Â symbolic link.

The way I understand this, the open() call shouldn't fail with ENOENT
given those arguments, because O_CREAT is set and there is no
directory component in the pathname.

What type of file system is your checkout on?

Andy