Re: Program cgystart does not recognize .pl file type; gets mime type incorrect

On 09/03/2010 01:55, Paul McFerrin wrote:
> I ran into my first real problem with "cygstart".  When I execute
> cygstart with the argument:
>    sendemail.pl
>
> The browser window has the source-code being displayed.

  Cygstart uses your windows file associations to launch the standard OS
action; it does the same thing as if you double-clicked on the file in
explorer.  So I guess that's how you've told explorer to handle .pl files.

  Why would you want to use 'cygstart' to launch perl anyway?  What were you
expecting it to do that's any different from just running "./sendmail.pl" at
the command-line?  You use a shell to launch stuff under cygwin, not cygstart;
that's just for interacting with windows.

    cheers,
      DaveK